- Make sure your laptop is wireless-capable.
- Check your manufacturer's manual, or review the instructions at wireless.ucdavis.edu/howto.html.
- If wireless hardware is not already built into your computer, you will
need a wireless PC-Card or Wireless USB modem. A network card that is
"802.11b WIFI compliant" is recommended.
- Register your computer to access the campus wireless network.
- Visit computingaccounts.ucdavis.edu. Then Select "Ethernet (NIC) card registration" and click "Begin."
- Provide the requested information (name, ID number, and date of birth) to verify your identity.
- Select "Register a computer for DHCP" and click "Continue."
- Fill out the required information and click "Register This Address."
Make sure you enter the number of the wireless card, not your Ethernet
- Configure your computer for DHCP.
- If you need instructions for doing this, visit netaccess.ucdavis
edu/instruct.html and select your operating system.
- If you need instructions for doing this, visit netaccess.ucdavis edu/instruct.html and select your operating system.
- Log on to the campus wireless network.
- Open a browser to www-wls.ucdavis.edu and enter your login ID and Kerberos password.