Information and Educational Technology (IET) services and business units will operate on a limited schedule during the university's December holidays.
This year, the holidays are Friday, Dec. 24; Monday, Dec. 27; Thursday, Dec. 30; and Friday, Dec. 31. Most campus and IET operations will close all four days.
On other days, IET units that directly assist the campus community will operate on this modified schedule:
- The IT Express Computing Services Help Desk will be open Tuesday Dec. 28 and Wednesday Dec. 29 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. For help, call (530) 754-HELP (4357).
- The Data Center will operate as usual, except for Sunday Dec. 26 and Monday Dec. 27 when campus email and other key services will be unavailable as the center undergoes an electrical upgrade. Software Licensing Coordination will be closed Dec. 28 and 29.
- IET staff will be on site, or available if needed, to address critical system or network issues.
- All general campus computer rooms operated by IET will close Wednesday Dec. 15 through Sunday, Jan. 2, 2011.
- Academic Technology Services (instructional technology, media production, etc.) and Communications Resources (telecommunications, networking) will close to the public on Thursday Dec. 23, Tuesday Dec. 28, and Wednesday Dec. 29.
To check the status of a major campus system--including email, authentication, Banner, SmartSite and MyUCDavis--visit the campus network and server status page. Answers to common questions about various campus services can also be found in the xbase website maintained by IT Express.
IET will resume its customary business hours when winter quarter instruction begins on Monday, Jan. 3, 2011.