Duo support will end for Android 8, 9, and iOS 13 in Feb. 2023
Effective Feb. 9, 2023, Duo Mobile will no longer be updated for Android 8, Android 9, and iOS 13. Information & Educational Technology (IET) recommends that users upgrade to the latest iOS or Android version to maintain Duo’s updated security features, by Feb. 1, 2023.
This end-of-life milestone means that:
- Duo teams will no longer be able to troubleshoot issues with Duo Mobile running on Android 8 or 9 or iOS 13 or older.
- Duo Push will continue to work on already-installed versions of Duo Mobile on Android 8 or 9 or iOS 13, and users will continue to be able to authenticate.
- Duo Mobile-generated passcodes will also continue to work on already-installed versions of the app, and users will continue to be able to authenticate.
- Duo Mobile will continue to be fully supported on iOS 14 or Android 10 or newer.
- Mobile devices using Android 8 or 9 or iOS 13 will no longer receive Duo Mobile maintenance fixes or security updates.
- Users cannot download the latest version of Duo Mobile on mobile devices running on Android 8 or 9 or iOS 13.
You can find additional information in this Knowledge Base article: https://kb.ucdavis.edu/?id=4384. If you have questions or need assistance, contact IT Express at email@example.com.