IET-Computer Lab Management operates 15 computing facilities on campus, including computer classrooms, open access labs, and media facilities. During Fall Quarter 2004, usage at these computing facilities included:
- a record number of unique users (19,177) who each used a computing facility an average of slightly more than 15 times during the quarter;
- more than 75 percent of the undergraduate population, representing 234 majors and programs;
- almost 22 percent of the graduate and professional school students;
- a Fall Quarter record for number of computer classroom hours reserved (2,944); and,
- a 15 percent increase in the number of unique faculty users.
Additionally, Fall Quarter 2004 IET-CLM computing facility usage has shown the following:
- a high utilization between the hours of 10 AM and 4 PM;
- accessing the Internet and word processing continued to be the most popular activities; and,
- printing declined 11 percent from Spring Quarter 2004, to slightly more than 1.5 million total sheets.
The complete IET-CLM Fall Quarter report is at http://clm.ucdavis.edu/pubs/labrep/fall2004/.