The spring quarter schedule of free SmartSite training classes is now out. It includes sessions designed for anyone from beginners to advanced users of the online course-management system, plus drop-in clinics and a couple of seminars on other kinds of educational technology. The topics are useful for faculty, staff and grad students, depending on the subject.
You don't need to sign up in advance for any of the sessions, which are presented by the Academic Technology Services department of Information and Educational Technology. Most will last two hours. The titles, some of which will be offered more than once, are:
- SmartSite Getting Started
- SmartSite Drop-In Clinic
- Gradebook Setup and Grading Workflow
- Advanced SmartSite
- SmartSite for Departmental Business
- Using Google Tools in a Higher Ed Environment
- Digital Dissertation
- Amazing Educational Technologies!
- SmartSite: Site Creation Workshop
- SmartSite Drop-In Clinic and Grade Submission (offered in June, at the end of the quarter)
Faculty, staff and students use SmartSite to teach, research, work, and collaborate. To arrange training in departments, or to learn more about SmartSite training in general, email firstname.lastname@example.org.