A new feature has been added to MyUCDavis that allows you to purchase software distributed by the Software License Coordination Team (SLC). For this new service, click on the UCD Resources tab and select Software in MyUCDavis. The new feature will offer services designed to make software purchasing and order-tracking easier and includes:
- Information on more than 50 software products (such as anti-virus, email and Internet programs).
- The ability to download free and site-licensed products directly from the site (some products carry a fee). This includes easy, automated access to the jukebox, the server used to download software. The site also links you to other vendors, such as the campus designated reseller, the Technology Resources Center (TRC), so you can easily purchase product from vendors.
- The ability to search for all products.
- The option for faculty and staff to purchase campus-wide licensed software using a Departmental Billing ID or DaFIS Account Number and download immediately (currently available are Norton Anti-Virus, ArcGIS, ArcView, Ghost, Mathematica, OpenVMS, SecureCRT, SecureFX, SUN Solaris and Tru64). SLC is looking to make more products purchasable directly from the site in the future.
- The ability for faculty and staff to track software purchased through SLC.