You could call it spring cleaning, except it continues. Information and Educational Technology has refreshed and updated several of its Web sites and pages over the past few months, removing references to vanished services (such as the dial-up modem pool) and inserting new contact information.
IET hosts dozens of sites and pages with information about campus services and events that range from technological initiatives, computer security and the computing services help desk, to wireless access, computer rooms, and free and discounted software. The recently updated pages and sites include:
- ftg.ucdavis.edu/gettingstarted.cfm, How to get started with campus computing
- itexpress.ucdavis.edu/online, How to download free software
- ftg.ucdavis.edu/buying.cfm, Buying a computer and software
- iet.ucdavis.edu/help/training_services.cfm, Training in various campus tech services
- iet.ucdavis.edu/staff, A list of campus resources to support staff employees
- ittimes.ucdavis.edu, The now-archival site of the former IET printed newsletter IT Times
- iet.ucdavis.edu/glossary.cfm, The IET glossary
The online cleaning will continue. If you have suggestions or comments about information in IET pages that needs to change, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.